Who has control over your personal information?
This website is owned and operated by Greene King plc and its wholly owned subsidiary Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, both of which have their registered office at Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk IP33 1QT and both of which are members of the Greene King group of companies. Greene King plc and Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited are data controllers and will use your personal information as described in this Policy.
How to contact us if you have any queries?
We take the privacy of our customers very seriously and we are committed to protecting your personal information. If you have any questions in relation to the information we hold about you or our use of that information, please feel free to contact us at Company Secretary, Greene King, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT.
How do we collect your information?
We collect information about you in a number of different ways, including when you provide information on our website, in correspondence with us, by telephone and when you visit our pubs.
What information do we collect?
When you register through this website or at one of our pubs we ask for certain pieces of information. We may also collect and process information provided by you, for example, by telephone or in other correspondence. The information we collect depends on which services you use but will include the following personal data:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth - To make sure you are old enough to receive information from us, to allow us to personalise our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research
- Email address - We ask for your email address so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you emails about our company and offers
- Telephone number - We ask for your telephone number so that, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you SMSs/text messages about our company and offers
- Address and post code - So, where you have indicated your acceptance, we can send you letters about our company and offers and for our own internal analysis and research
- Your relevant Greene King property - So we can tailor our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research
- Interests - So we can tailor our services to you and for our own internal analysis and research.
What do we do with your personal information?
In addition to the uses described in the 'What information do we collect?' section above, we may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to respond to your enquiries. For example, if you write to us, or email or telephone us, we may use the contact details that you have provided to respond to you. We will not use these for marketing purposes unless you give us your express consent. We may retain these details on our system in relation to your enquiry;
- to provide our services to you;
- to improve and personalise our services;
- to take payments due to us;
- where you have agreed that we may do so, to send you details of our offers and promotions and other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
- for internal analysis and research. For example, we may keep records of your date of birth, address/post code, relevant Greene King property and interests to assist us to identify market trends;
- to host, administer, improve this website.; and/or
- for other purposes clearly stated on the page or other method in which you provide your information to us.
How do we share your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We may pass your personal information to other companies who are members of the Greene King group of companies for the purposes listed above. The Greene King group of companies includes Greene King Brewing and Retailing Limited, Greene King Retailing Limited, Premium Dining Restaurants and Pubs Limited, Spirit Pub Company (Managed) Limited, Spirit Pub Company (Trent) Limited and Spirit Pub Company (Derwent) Limited. A full list of the Greene King group of companies is available from the company secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org . Brands owned by members of the Greene King group of companies include Loch Fyne Seafood and Grill, Hungry Horse, Old English Inns, Farmhouse Inns, Eating Inn, Local Pubs, Flame Grill, Meet and Eat, Belhaven Pubs, Metropolitan, Chef & Brewer, Flaming Grill, John Barras, Taylor Walker, Wacky Warehouse, Greene King IPA, Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale and Belhaven Best;
As required by law;
- Where we need to do so in order to enforce our rights or protect our interests (for example, in order to enforce the terms of any contract that we have with you) or those of others (for example the rights and interests of other customers).
We may pass your personal information to third parties for the prevention of crime, fraud, money laundering and for the tracing of debtors.
As we develop our business, we might sell or buy group companies or other businesses. If we do so, this might involve transferring customer information relating to the relevant company or business to the person buying the business (who will only be permitted to use your personal information as outlined in this Privacy and Cookies Policy).
Use of information for marketing purposes
When you provide your information, we give you the opportunity to choose to receive further information about products or services provided by the Greene King group of companies and other information which we believe may be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by contacting the Company Secretary at Greene King, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT.
If you opt-out of receiving marketing communications we will keep a record on our system that you do not wish to receive communications from us.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us. As a security measure, we may require proof of your identity before we make any changes to your information or provide a copy of your information. We reserve the right to charge a small administrative charge if you ask to access your information.
Please contact the Company Secretary at Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP33 1QT if you wish to update your information, correct any inaccuracies or obtain a copy of your personal information.