- Local pub brings the holiday feel to its pub beer garden, offering reservations by beach towel only
- Research reveals holidaymakers will visit British pubs up to five times while abroad
- Brits crave pub grub while abroad, with a quarter of the nation tucking into a fry up on holiday
To give pub goers a true holiday experience, Josh Teasdale, General Manager of Northampton’s Spinney Hill pub, is allowing customers to reserve their seats in their beer garden on a sunny day, simply by using a beach towel.
This follows new national research, revealing that 45% of Brits reserve their sun lounger early with a towel when on holiday abroad.
Now, visitors to Spinney Hill can skip the afternoon crowds by bagging their beer garden spot before the masses descend. In true British holiday style, all they need to do is drape a towel over the pub garden chair of their choice, ensuring they have a comfortable spot to enjoy a drink in the sunshine.
For those who can’t make it abroad this year, pub company and brewer Greene King are giving customers the chance to win a £5,000 holiday voucher. To be in with a chance of winning, all customers need to do is visit www.greeneking.co.uk/competitions/throw-in-the-towel, enter their details, and name their favourite drink to enjoy in the sun.
When it comes to holiday trends, research has revealed that over four in ten (43%) holidaymakers will visit a British style pub garden when they are abroad.
As well as craving that classic pub feel, the survey of 2,000 adults revealed that Brits abroad visit a UK style pub up to 5 times whilst on holiday, with the top reasons for visiting voted as: British food and drink (25%), full English breakfasts (24%), British sports being played on the telly (23%) and feeling like a home away from home (22%).
For those not able to take a holiday abroad this year, the best drink to bring that holiday feel a UK holiday was voted as a cocktail (17%), followed by Sangria (13%), and lager (11%).
Josh Teasdale, General Manager at Spinney Hill, said “Unfortunately, not everyone can afford a holiday abroad this year, so here at Spinney Hill we wanted to bring that holiday feel to our locals.
“Even when we’re on holiday, pubs are a big part of the experience, so it was important to the team that we have something special here at Spinney Hill. We know how busy the beer garden gets, especially during a heatwave, so we wanted to give customers a fun way to reserve their favourite.”
To find your local Greene King pub, visit https://www.greeneking.co.uk/
For more information, or any other media inquiries please contact email@example.com
Notes to editors
Survey data taken from a OnePoll survey of 2,000 UK adults in July 2022
About Greene King:
Greene King is the country’s leading pub company and brewer with c.2,600 pubs, restaurants and hotels across England, Wales and Scotland.
At Greene King we are passionate about delivering our purpose to ‘pour happiness into lives’. That’s for our customers, our team, our pub partners, our suppliers and the communities in which we live, operate and serve. Founded in 1799 with offices in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk and Burton on Trent in Staffordshire we employ around 39,000 people across the group with four divisions: Greene King pubs, Destination Brands, Partnership and Ventures, and Brewing & Brands.
- Greene King pubs are located where people and communities come together; pubs enjoyed in cities, towns and villages throughout the country
- Destination Brands is a mixture of food and drink-led brands including Hungry Horse, Farmhouse Inns, Chef & Brewer, Wacky Warehouse, and Pub & Carvery, Pub & Dining and Pub & Grill
- Partnerships & Ventures which includes our tenanted and leased pubs and Hive Franchise pubs under Pub Partners and our Ventures Brands which is made up of Metropolitan Pub Company, Hickory’s, Hotels Group and Crafted Pubs
- Brewing & Brands covers the brewing sides of the business. Quality ales are brewed at the Westgate brewery in Bury St Edmunds and the Belhaven Brewery in Dunbar. Our industry-leading portfolio includes Greene King IPA, Old Speckled Hen, Abbot Ale, Ice Breaker and Belhaven Best with a range of additional premium beers and seasonal ales