Greene King's Hungry Horse brand has launched eight new vegan dishes in its new menu at more than 280 of its pubs across the UK.
The new vegan range was launched in July, and features eight plant-based dishes, including fish and chips, which is produced by VBites and made of succulent fish-free ‘fish’ flakes. The dishes on offer start from £2.29.
Jason Radbourn, food development manager at Hungry Horse said: “In line with our new menu we wanted to improve and innovate our food offering, working in partnership with our suppliers to ensure that we can continue to cater for a range of diets.
“We have introduced a range of vegan dishes including the traditional fish and chips, chickpea and sweet potato curry and falafel burger, so guests can enjoy these dishes made entirely from plant based ingredients.
“We listened to our guests who expressed they’d like to see more vegan dishes on the menu, we really hope our guests can now enjoy our wider range of vegan options available to them.”
The dishes on offer include:
- Vegan roasted tomato soup, served with vegan poppy seed bun
- Classic salad bowl
- Crumbled falafel with sesame seeds (salad topper)
- Mix it up – 3 vegan fish free fillets with sauces and sides available
- Chickpea and sweet potato curry
- Vegan fish-free fillets and chips
- Vegan falafel burger
- Vegan Bakewell tart served with vegan vanilla ice cream
The vegan range is avaliable now from over 280 Hungry Horse pubs across the UK. For more information about Hungry Horse, go to: www.hungryhorse.co.uk/.